A Simple, Yet Complicated Design
Here are a few of the important highlights from Sud Stud's design:
- Size — Optimally sized to fit the most common soap bar sizes with the ability to adapt to a larger or smaller without much effect on the overall efficiency of Sud Stud's features.
- Shape — Hexagonal shape is the optimal design for compatibility with the most popular rectangle shaped soap bars while also being compatible with round, square, or other irregular shaped soap bars.
- Pillars — Internally, you'll find 5 pillars that provide support for the edges and holds the soap in place while also allowing Sud Stud to maintain form as the bather grips or squeezes while scrubbing.
- Combs — Patented Honeycomb Grid design reduces friction between soap and skin by 80% that allows one single bar of soap to last 5x longer while also creating 250% more soap suds than a bar alone.
- Feet — Externally, 6 circular bumps that allow water to drain and air to flow underneath Sud Stud after you are done using so the sleeve and soap dry quicker to maintain quality and eliminate bacteria.
- Materials — Through testing flexibility, durability, drying, cleaning, safety, and cost of commercially available materials, I found Antimicrobial Silicone would perform the best for Sud Stud's purpose.
- Textures — In addition to the material used, Sud Stud also offers two texture types on either side, one for deeper exfoliation and the other for a gentler scrub for those with more sensitive skin types.